Roland Boutique JX-03 chaining notes
MIDI clock sends all the time, I don’t think it can be turned off. If set to auto, it will check for external clock first and sync to that, otherwise it uses internal tempo, set with [MANUAL] and then  or . That means any synth that receives output from the JX will need to sync to it or set up local control so that incoming midi doesn’t affect it.
- Along with MIDI clock, the sequence always send its midi notes to the MIDI output. It will be important to never start a sequence from the JX because it will probably send unwanted notes onwards.
- Chain mode was set to on at first, and this caused problems because it would not send note offs from the MIDI output, which caused hanging notes.
- The JX also sends program change messages, which cannot be turned off. This should be noted for any downstream synths in the chain.
- Some USB ports do not supply enough power to keep the JX on. My phone charge battery for example did not work.
- Not sure about stereo, if the JX receives and/or sends it on with its input/output jacks. The output on the JX is monoaural, except for the chorus output, which is stereo.